Steps to improve your credit:
1) Get a copy of your personal credit report by calling 1-877-322-8228 or by going online to annualcreditreport.com
2) Payoff any derogatory items immediately. Do NOT try to pay less than the full amount owed. An account that reports “Settlement accepted on this account” only tells other lenders that you did not pay the full amount owed. Keep evidence that accounts are paid in full, and follow up with the credit agencies to be sure the derogatory items are properly listed as “paid in full”.
3) If you have suffered a bankruptcy or foreclosure, it’s important that you reestablish NEW credit, and maintain on-time payments for at least 24 months.
4) DO NOT close any revolving (credit card) accounts. This only hurts your scores.
5) USE your credit cards. Having 3 – 5 credit cards that report each month that you pay on time will improve your score.
6) DO NOT max the cards out or go over your limit. That will hurt the scores.
7) Keep your balances at no more than half the limit allowed. Any questions, please call me! I’m here to help you get the financing to buy a home and will always be available to answer your questions.
Doug Hutchins – Resident Loan Officer
“Your Satisfaction is my Principle Interest”
Contact information for 3 credit reporting agencies: